With only one week to go until the 2017 Malta International Darts Open here’s some further information we can announce …
- To date we have 15 markers who have returned the signed contract … 6 still pending.
Non-playing markers: Lee Rose, David Portelli, David Sanchez, James Lynam, Nigel Boddy, Nick O’Toole, Paul Brown, Marvic Micallef, Simon Agius .
Playing markers: Norrie Sneddon, Neville Grech, Debbie McBride, Craig Pope, Dave Cass, Martin Burrows.
Pending: Daniel Harte, Victor Schembri, Lawrence Spiteri, Joe Borg (POs), Thomas Hughes, Chris Duff.
- For the second consecutive year we will have World renowned MC John Fowler calling the four finals!
- The four finals will be live streamed once again and can be found on the association’s website: https://www.dartsmalta.com/media/live-streams/
- We have also concluded a deal with TVM (The National Television station in Malta) in which in the first two nights one camera crew will be taking various video clips & interviews to be used as a build-up to Finals night which will be filmed with a two-professional camera set-up to be aired on National TV at a later date.
- On Tuesday 14th November between 09:00 – 11:00, the Malta Darts Association in collaboration with the Ministry of Education will be organizing a workshop for students and teachers of various schools at the Cottonera Sports Complex to inaugurate the Open and to continue in promoting our project “Learning mathematics through darts” which will re-commence at the start of 2018. If anyone is willing to give us a helping hand during these session’s please get in touch with the association’s Public Relations Officer – Andre Zammit either via-email or FB messenger.
- Reminder to everyone using the transport from Bugibba that it leaves at 15:45 sharp from in-front of Munchies Pub on Triq it-turisti (Tourist Street). We will have 5 buses on Tue & Wed (250pax) and 4 buses on Thu (200pax).
Andre Zammit | Public Relations Officer | Malta Darts Association